Sunday, August 25, 2013

Feeling Fine like '89

What were you doing this time in 1989. Me I was getting ready to start High School at Miami Killian.  I had picked out 3 possible outfits.  My hair was in curlers and I was thinking of all the possible things that was going to happen in the upcoming school year.

Today I am thinking about combing my daughters hair. Picking the perfect outfit, and all the possibilities for her over the next 13 years.  The majority of the people I met in  Kindergarten were still the people I knew by the time I made it to high school.  We traveled together for 13 years.   I curious and hopeful that  she meets great kids that stick with her for the long haul.  Kids/schools are so different today.  Well, I hope if you are reading this an have kids headed to school soon or have just started that they have a great year.

Nkenge

No comments:

Post a Comment